- Supports unchannelized DS3 applications
- One built-in HSSI interface
- Three expansion slots for optional HSSI, V.35, or Quad DSX-1 modules
- HSSI interface supports up to 44.2 Mbps in 75 Kbps increments
- High-speed V.35 option supports up to 10 Mbps in 75 Kbps increments
- SNMP and Telnet through 10BaseT Ethernet port or SLIP/PPP
- Built-in V.34 modem for remote management
- Configuration, diagnostics and performance monitoring using SNMP, Telnet or VT100
- 19" rackmount brackets included, optional 23" rack adapter kit available
- Interoperable with Cisco and Juniper at T3 sub-rates
- 120 VAC and 24 VDC to 48 VDC versions available
The ADTRAN T3SU 300 is a T3 DSU/CSU capable of providing users up to four DTE data ports. This multiport DSU/CSU provides access to non-channelized T3 services and allows users to share the cost of a T3 line between multiple applications. The new, affordable T3SU 300 is the first in a series of broadband access products from ADTRAN. The T3SU 300 has one HSSI (High Speed Serial Interface) port built into the chassis.
Expansion slots for up to three additional DTE interfaces accept optional field-upgradeable interface cards. The cards can be either HSSI, high-speed V.35, or DSX-1. The HSSI ports support rates from 75 kbps to 44.2 Mbps, while the high-speed V.35 ports support rates from 75 kbps to 10 Mbps; both in 75 kbps increments. Each DSX module has 4 DSX-1 interfaces and up to 3 DSX-1 modules can be supported in a chassis. The T3SU 300 offers complete configuration, diagnostic, and performance monitoring through a VT100 terminal, SNMP, or Telnet. A series of front panel LEDs indicate the status of the network connection, along with the state of each of the four DTE ports. SNMP traps notify SNMP management platforms of alarm conditions. External alarm contacts provide connection to a visual or audible alarm. The T3SU 300 includes VT100 terminal interfaces on both front and rear panels.
Inband access to a remote unit across the T3 circuit can be performed manually by the user, or automatically by the host T3SU 300 unit. For customers needing out-of-band management, the T3SU has an integrated modem. Time-of-day automatic reconfiguration allows customers to assign or reallocate bandwidth to applications based on the time of day, ensuring that the broadband circuit is always optimized./p>
Embedded SNMP and Telnet are available through either the 10baseT Ethernet port or the SLIP/PPP port. The T3SU 300 can be configured, monitored, and diagnosed using standard SNMP network management programs, such as Hewlett Packard�s OpenView, IBM�s NetView, and Cabletron�s Spectrum. ADTRAN�s ADVISION, a GUI interface for HP OpenView, can be used to manage the T3SU 300, as well as other ADTRAN SNMP products. The T3SU 300 is also supported by ADTRAN�s N-Form Network Management Software Suite.