That is a problem and very tough to solve. Finding a VoIP or Media gateway supporting direct termination of SS7, OC-3 or STM-1 and oh yeah, less than 200 watts of power consumption. Why don't we add in full transcoding on all channels just for kicks. A little echo cancellation on every channel simultaneously and IVR/FAX support. how about making it totally impossible with support for 60+ calls per second?
Obviously this could only be something Cisco® could make? We checked, they don't. If they did, it would be extremely expensive and only the largest carriers and enterprise customers could afford it.
So why are we mentioning all of this? What's the point of this futile exercise? Some times you get what you ask for, no matter how impossible it sounds.
Introducing the Tmedia TMG-3200 VoIP and Media gateway. The worlds first system to give you all these features and more. It was built from the ground up unlike most higher end gateways with aging architectures unable to meet
The TMG-3200 is loaded with features:
- Support for T1, E1, J1, DS-3, STM-1 or OC-3 TDM Interfaces
- Direct termination of SS7/C7 Signaling
- Low power consumption - Less than 140 watts
- Support for multiple ‘any-to-any’ switching across multiple network interfaces and protocols from different carriers as well as transcoding support for all major wireline, wireless and internet codecs
- Echo Cancellation - 128ms on all channels
- IVR and FAX - Built in support for Voice Response and T.38
- H.248 and Sigtran support
- Call routing features - ANI and DNIS routing, Least Cost Routing, Nature of Address, Pre and Post routing digit manipulation and TDM to TDM, IP to TDM and IP to IP
- Full redundancy options - Power and Traffic
- Carrier Grade - Full 99.999% reliability and NEBS Level 3 compliancy
- and much more...
Download the TMG-3200 VoIP and Media Gateway data sheet
- TMG-3200 VoIP and Media Gateway Data Sheet
- TMG-3200 with 1+1 VoIP and Media Gateway Data Sheet
- What is an SS7 Gateway?