- Connects Fast Ethernet over E1 circuits at wire-speed
- Single10/100 BaseT user port
- Industry standard GFP (ITU-T G8040, G.7041/Y.1303) and HDLC protocols
- Four QoS priority queues according to 802.1p and IP Precedence
- Plug and play functionality using DHCP client
- Remote diagnostic tools on TDM and Ethernet ports
- Managed via SNMP, Web server or Telnet
The RICi-E1 Fast Ethernet over E1 network termination unit (NTU) is an Ethernet demarcation device connecting Fast Ethernet LANs over E1 circuits.
The RICi-E1 is deployed in point-to-point or hub-and-spoke topologies, working opposite the Egate-20 and Egate-100 Ethernet over TDM gateways. This enables carriers and service providers to extend their customer reach and utilize legacy PDH infrastructure in delivering new Ethernet services. Typical applications for RICi-E1 Fast Ethernet NTU include Ethernet access, backhauling network management traffic and connecting inter-office or enterprise LAN segments.